Letter from the Editor

Letter from the Editor

-  -  87

Greetings Bethel community, 

It’s been almost exactly one year since the previous print edition of The Beacon. We’ve all been through a lot during that time, as individuals and as an institution. Many of us have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic still wreaking havoc around the globe. But even amidst the chaos, we’ve been blessed to resume in-person classes for the entirety of this school year so far and even received the good news on Friday, Feb. 12, that Bethel is lowering our risk level to the Blue Level—more details about that can be found in your emails. 

There have been other exciting developments as well: the addition of an Esports team, the relocation of the Art Department to the basement of the Everest-Rohr coupled with the repurposing of the Art Building into a dance and theatre studio, the construction of the Lehman Family Training Center and the rapid progress of Bethel’s GROW campaign. 

As these and other projects continue to advance, The Beacon will continue to keep you updated on the latest events. Stories are published almost every Monday morning at beacon.betheluniversity.edu and you can follow us on Instagram @bethelbeacon to participate in our weekly Nutshells. If you would like to get even closer to the action, we’re always looking for new writers and would love to have you join our team. 

On a personal note, this past January marked three years I’ve been with The Beacon, and I couldn’t be more grateful for the people I’ve met and the opportunities I’ve had because of it. I'm the fifth individual to fill the editorial role during that time, and I hope I will have a long line of successors who care as deeply about the Bethel community as we have.  

As the semester continues, I encourage you to reach out to the people you care about to see how they’re doing. We’re all facing our own struggles and tribulations, and as cliché as it may sound, we truly are stronger together. We were not created to be alone—we need each other. 

Stay strong, Bethel! 

Sincerely yours, 

Brianna R. Densmore