The original Bethel Helm was a gift from the 1952 graduating class. A contractor from Beulah Church had volunteered to build the structure and 40 trees were cleared in preparation. But the contractor never showed up and most of the graduating class worked all night on the day before Commencement. With the help of art professor Joe Kimble, who stepped in to direct construction, they were able to finish shortly before the Commencement ceremony began. The Helm can also be seen in many on-campus decorations, as depicted in this photo essay.
One thought on “Helms around Bethel- A photo essay by John Hanlon”
Sorry, comments are closed.