Campus News

God of My Own World: In Depth

-  -  56

MISHAWAKA—The Theatre Department is putting on a new production! Most of you have probably seen the posters around campus advertising God of My Own World. The play was written by Bethel graduate, Wesely Lantz. 

“I think it is important to support local [theatre] work. What’s difficult about student-written plays is that because nobody knows about it, they are less likely to come to it. A lot of people can find some really special things from student written plays, especially because it is written by your peers. They all have a voice and they all have something to say, and it is just a really special experience. I would love it if people came to see it as I have been working on this for a long time and I would really like to share it with as many people as possible,” said Lantz. 

The play could also be selected for the Kennedy Center American College Theater Festival. The play is centered around a man named Adam who deals with characters from a play he had written in the past. Through this, there is a deterioration of Adam’s mental state as the characters become more pervasive and as he interacts with people who are not there. The play is a drama with a few moments of comedy, and mainly deals with psychology and mental illness.  

The Theatre Department began working on this play last semester, and the students have been able to play a role in workshopping the production, which is a truly unique experience for them. It will be exciting to see how the show turns out. The play will be taking place this weekend so be sure to support your fellow Pilots and get your tickets! The play shows on Friday night at 7:30PM and Saturday afternoon at 1:00PM, student tickets are only $5.00.