Student Life

Recapping Bethel’s Annual Spiritual Retreat

-  -  154

MISHAWAKA—This past weekend was the annual Spiritual Retreat.  

Kristen Koteskey, one of the leaders on the Spiritual Life team said, “The purpose of the Spiritual Retreat is to get away from campus and to intentionally get off of the physical presence of campus but still encounter God’s presence in a community style. It is a chance to reconnect by disconnecting.”  

The event was held at John Kaehr’s house, with Laura Bulgrien as the speaker. The weekend included times of worship, prayer as well as challenges from the speaker.  

It was an overnight event, going from Friday to Saturday last weekend. The event was open to all students and the ones who attended seemed to enjoy it. 

Emma Green, a student who attended the event said, “I got to spend time in fellowship with others who love the Lord, and I was given the time and space to slow down, sit in silence, and ‘waste’ my time with God.” 

Hunter Martsolf, also a student who was able to attend said, “It allowed me to connect on campus with people in the Bethel community, and people who are wanting to take steps toward Christ. Real relationships were cultivated, people were being real and people were being honest with the struggles they have about growing in their faith. Personally, it convicted and challenged me to be more intentional with the time I spend with God and not make it out of obligation but just entering His presence. There was just a lot of time with God and I got to share that with other people.”